Canadian Accredited Jewellery Appraiser
Canadian Accredited Jewellery Appraisers (CAJA) are an elite group of highly qualified appraisal professionals dedicated to gemstone, jewellery, and watch disciplines. Each CAJA member exemplifies excellence, ethics, and experience in their appraisal practice through their applied knowledge, technical competency, and fulfillment of the stringent CAJA requirements.
For consumers, CAJA is dedicated to:
- – Promoting professional appraisal practices to industry members and consumers.
- – Connecting consumers across Canada with CAJAs in their area.
- – Educating consumers on the components of a professional appraisal report.
- – Building consumer trust in the appraisal industry.
By selecting a CAJA, consumers can be assured that:
- – The appraiser has undergone extensive training in the areas of gemmology and valuation science.
- – The value stated is fully researched and justifiable.
- – The professional appraisal report is prepared ethically and with integrity.
- – The CJA Jewellery Appraisal Guidelines are adhered to.
For members of the trade, CAJA is dedicated to:
- -Promoting professional appraisal practices to industry members and consumers.
- -Directing potential clients to your business with the dedicated CAJA directory.
- -Establishing minimum requirements for CAJAs to comply with.
- -Providing access to member benefits that help save time and money including discounts on continuing education.
- -Creating opportunities for fellow CAJAs to connect and collaborate.
- -Highlighting the CAJA designation to increase public awareness and recognition.
By becoming a CAJA, you are assured that:
- -You are a part of a community of like-minded appraisers dedicated to professional practices.
- -You will be featured on the CJA website in the dedicated CAJA directory.
- -Potential clients will be referred to CAJAs in their area when contacting the CJA office.
There are only 38 fully designated CAJAs in Canada.
It takes years of practical experience and theoretical training to become a competent, professional appraiser. An appraiser is only awarded the CAJA designation once strict requirements are met; foremost among these are extensive training in gemmology and valuation science.
Are you using the services of a fully designated CAJA appraiser to protect your jewellery and watches?