Professional Jewellery Appraiser® Course
CJA MEMBERS RECEIVE a 20% OFF!
This is a correspondence course written and developed to offer a professional and updated approach for gemmologists, appraisers and future appraisers. The content is a compliment to our Canadian industry.
Here are some topics the course addresses:
- Presenting professional appraisals
- Insurance appraisals and providing reports
- Determining value
- The various jewellery value markets
- Manufacturing methods and identifying levels of quality
- Metals in jewellery making
- Valuing Watches, old and new
- Antiques and Estate jewellery
- Diamond and Gemstone appraising
- Legal considerations
- This course also provides a complimentary USB download which includes GemologyTools, a multi function software with a gemstone database, weight calculations, cut grading, inclusion gallery and more. You also receive templates and charts.
Instead of one exam there are three manageable ones so our jewellery professionals are able to advance their education and not neglect their businesses. Participants with a passing grade receive their PJA certificate.
The Professional Jewellery Appraiser course has a workshop which offers ‘hands-on’ appraisal instruction as well as addressing theory and proper professional practice. When completing the workshop, you will receive a certificate.
When completing both the Correspondence and Workshop successfully, you will be a Registered PJA (Professional Jewellery Appraiser). This is accepted by the Canadian Jewellers’ Association as a requirement towards their Accredited Appraiser Program.
The course is written and presented by Sonja Sanders G.G., a gemmology, diamond and appraisal workshop presenter for over 20 years and has operated a gem appraisal lab since 1982. For more information and to enrol please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org