Barclay’s Fine Jewellers is one of the leading independently-owned jewellery stores in Victoria, BC. We focus on custom jewellery design, restoration and repair, as well as presenting an extensive collection of beautiful, high-quality jewellery, wedding and engagement rings.
We are looking for a person to work 5 days/week. Previous experience in Fine Jewellery Sales or in the Fine Jewellery Repair industry is necessary. Please detail any related experience or training involving fine jewellery retail sales and/or fine jewellery repair.
Qualities we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- a bright and friendly personality with a mature outlook on life who enjoys establishing relationships with clients
- the ability to work productively within a team
- someone who excels at offering quality customer service
- a multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- goal-oriented and self-motivated
- a problem solver who can work under pressure
- responsible and punctual
- good computer skills and knowledge in basic spreadsheet and document applications
A brief overview of duties is outlined below:
- Assist customers with intake of jewellery for repair and accurately record descriptions, photograph items, and describe work needed using specialized computer program (training provided). Follow up and perform administrative tasks associated with this, including presenting and discussing options with clients in a timely manner.
- Perform administrative tasks relevant to repair work, documenting progress and following up with colleagues as necessary.
- Assist customers when picking up completed repairs, answering any questions and processing payment.
- Utilize repair knowledge to promote sales when applicable.
- Work within a team to complete tasks associated with store presentation and jewellery display.
- Communicate professionally in person, by email and by phone.
- Enter POS transactions accurately.
- Stay informed of store policies, procedures, and promotions.
What we offer:
- Attractive starting salary with potential for increase (no commission structure). Starting pay is negotiable dependent on experience.
- No late nights, hours are 9:00-5:15. Store is open Monday – Saturday 10am – 5 pm.
- Village atmosphere with loyal and local clientele.
- Employment with a local, well-established small business who has a vested interest in valuing their excellent employees.
- Medical benefits available.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
See www.barclaysjewellers.com for more information on our company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
Salary: $19.00-$30.00 per hour