D.C. Taylor Jewellers is a 127 year old family run business. We are currently looking for a full-time Goldsmith to take-on a dynamic and rewarding career in jewellery design, jewellery repair, jewellery manufacturing and watches.
Our state of the art workshop is sittuated in a beautiful historic building in the heart of Owen Sound. Take your lunch on the habour wall and enjoy picturesque views of Georgian Bay. Living prices in Owen Sound and area are significantly less than other parts of Ontario, allowing you to invest more into your own future.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Jewellery repair – replacing broken clasps, repairing chain, altering ring sizes or resetting diamonds and gemstones.
- Calcualte the costs of labour and material for jobs and projects.
- Prepare estimated (or support the preparation of estimated) costs for repairs.
- Change watch batteries or other on-demand client service requests.
- Claw repair and replacement.
- Design jewellery from gold, silver and precious gemstones.
- Solder pieces together and insert stones.
- Clean and polish jewellery as needed.
- Security clearance and/or clean police record required.
- Certificate in Goldsmithing
- 5 years’ experience repairing and manufacturing jewellery
- Work alongside our team of 4 highly skilled goldsmiths with over 75 years of combined goldsmithing experience
- Luxury brand retail gives you the chance to work on jewellery from some of the industries most well known brands.
- Career oriented and family focused.
- Competitive compensation.
- Professional development encouraged.
- Affordable housing market.
- Applicants can apply by email: email@example.com