The CJA is recognized as the voice of the Canadian jewellery and watch industries by the Federal Government of Canada. Our voice is unbiased and impartial.
The CJA’s voice with the government focuses on the following:
- The CJA assists members in understanding Canadian laws and regulations that govern their business.
- The CJA supports compliance to the Competition Act, the Precious Metals Marking Act/Regulations, and the Weights and Measures Act.
- The CJA liaises with the following Federal Government agencies on issues that affect our industry.; the Competition Bureau, Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED, formerly Industry Canada), Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Department of Finance, FINTRAC, Measurement Canada and the RCMP.
- The CJA represents “Dealers in Precious Metals and Stones” (DPMS) on the Department of Finance’s Advisory Committee on Anti-Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing.
- The CJA with our partner Outlier Canada provides AML/ATF compliance expertise to assist the industry in attaining AML/ATF compliance under Canadian law. (Access to AML tool-see membership)