Looking for the right talent? Looking for a job? This is a space for jewellery industry members and jewellery students/jewellery job seekers to find each other.
PART-TIME ASSOCIATES WANTED
18Karat Studio + Gallery is a small, independent, family run boutique jewellery shop and goldsmithing studio that specializes in contemporary Canadian jewellery design. We repair and create jewellery on site, work closely with our clients to design and create custom pieces, as well as represent Canadian artists in our gallery. We are currently looking for a well-rounded, creative and enthusiastic individual to join our team part-time. Flexibility with hours is an asset.
Please apply in-person or email your application to email@example.com.
Required: cover letter, resume & writing sample in the form of a short autobiography. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Our ideal candidate:
• Has experience with fine jewellery, in either sales or manufacturing
• Has experience in a retail or customer service environment
• Has excellent written & verbal communication skills in English
• Is comfortable engaging with clients and determining their needs
• Is computer-savvy & comfortable using email, social media, and Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
• Is a self-starter; motivated, driven and able to work with a team and independently
• Can work with a team to come up with ideas, plan, and execute them – from beginning to end
Other additional assets:
• Sales, merchandizing or administration experience
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suites, basic graphic design and photo editing
• Experience with jewellery photography
• Experience with Rhinoceros CAD
• Experience with event planning and organizing – can contribute to future events and promotion
• Opening and closing duties
• Greeting clients, engaging in conversation, expressing our history & services, establishing their needs and
meeting retail sales objectives
• Maintain standards in housekeeping; cleaning & merchandising of jewellery, display props & showcases
• Basic administration duties such as running POS sales, balancing receipts and maintaining a cash float
18Karat Studio + Gallery is looking for an adaptable individual who will etch out their own place within our team; someone willing to contribute ideas and grow right alongside us! We believe creativity is the only worthwhile endeavor... If you are of like mind, we would like to hear from you.
Savoy’s Jewellers is expanding our team and seeking a full-time goldsmith to join our in-store jewellery workshop in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario.
We are looking for a goldsmith with the following qualifications:
- minimum 3 years experience
- proficient in jewellery repair and specifically ring sizing, prong re-tipping, stone setting and all types of general jewellery repair.
Salary 38,000 - 60,000 and will commensurate with experience.
About us: Since 1952 Savoy's jewellers has been northern Ontario's leading family owned and operated jewellery store with two locations serving the area. Our jewellery department offers all aspects of repair and production.
Please contact Nicholas Rosset at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.T. Diamonds Inc. a family owned and operated diamond wholesaler is currently seeking a customer service and business development candidate. The successful candidate should:
Experience in diamond and jewellery industry is a plus.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
As part of George Brown College’s ongoing efforts to deliver industry-leading, applied education, the School of Fashion and Jewellery Studies is pleased to announce that students in the one-year Gemmology program will be made available to help out employers during this academic year.
With students being asked to volunteer a minimum of 8 hours during the year, we would appreciate your participation in providing volunteer opportunities with your event/company. All we ask is that you fill out a brief evaluation of the student’s performance once their hours are complete.
Work-Integrated-Learning, also known as Field Education, is an integral and defining characteristic of a George Brown education, which has proven to be successful for both industry and students. With the introduction of this new applied learning opportunity, we hope to continue this tradition of win-win scenarios for our partners.
If you are interested in participating in our program, or if you have any questions, please feel free to connect with us. We would love to send you eager, motivated students, who are looking to make a difference.
Click here for additional details on the program.
Jewellery Studies, George Brown College
Field Program Contact:
Field Education Coordinator / School of Fashion & Jewellery Studies
firstname.lastname@example.org/ 416-415-5000 x6469