Looking for the right talent? Looking for a job? This is a space for jewellery industry members and jewellery students/jewellery job seekers to find each other.
Aarkish Diamonds a leader in Diamond Jewellery manufacturing specializing in natural colored diamonds. We are looking to expand our team. Looking for a bench jeweller with minimum 3 -5 years of experience. Part time or full time available. Location is in downtown Toronto at our secure facility. This is a great opportunity to work on exceptional and unique designs. If interested please have references ready and call Anita at 416-877-8399.
Hiring Retail Sales Supervisor
Position: Retail Sales Supervisor - Jewellery Trade (NOC 6211)
Employer: Design Jewellers & Diamonds
Business information: We are leaders in custom jewellery design and trade since 1980. Our dedicated sales team and onsite goldsmith can turn your vision into a reality.
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Hours: 36 hours per week
Start date: As soon as possible
Wages: $23 to $33 commensurate with experience; raises are reviewed annually based on performance, performance pay or bonus is 2% for sales in excess of 1.2 million per year.
Benefits: self-spending account which covers health and dental benefits
Experience: 3 years of previous retail sales experience including staff training and management in the Jewellery Trade or related. Proof of previous employment performance. Hand sketching is an asset. Certified Pearl Specialist certification is an asset.
Education: Completion of secondary school is required; Trades certificate or diploma would be an asset or equivalent experience. Courses in business, marketing and brand management would be an asset.
- Teach coworkers professional sales in the design-producing environment
- Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff to handle clients ordering jewellery or designed items; assign their duties and prepare schedules
- business presentation skills to the customer; sell merchandise to the customers
- professional customer service including resolving design-oriented problems that arise due to misunderstandings in design creation
- Maintain store inventory and replenish sold designed jewellery with new items that reflect market demand
- Hire and train or arrange training sales of custom design and new sales staff
- Prepare reports and recommendations regarding personnel matters and sales for the administration
Work location: 17104 90 Ave NW Edmonton AB T5T 4C8
Security and Safety: Bondable
Personal Characteristics: Team player, flexible, reliable, organized, accurate, good judgement or decision-making ability, problem solver, client focus.
Language of Work: English
Business Address: Design Jewellers at West Edmonton Mall #2874, 8882 170 Street, Edmonton, AB T5T 3J7
Please send us a resume via email - email@example.com
FULL TIME BENCH JEWELLER/STONE SETTER WANTED
At Alchemy Adornment, we are a jewellery studio creating quality, handmade gold jewellery for the body piercing industry. We pride ourselves on our craftsmanship, eye-catching designs, and unique quality of every piece passing through our hands to our retailers. As a wholesale only jewellery company, we can focus entirely on our craft and manufacturing processes with no interruptions from a retail setting or the general public. Our entire jewellery line is expertly crafted in house on beautiful Vancouver Island, BC.
We are seeking a skilled jeweller to join our team who is also passionate about creating timeless, yet modern, high quality jewellery, is committed to continuing their training and skill building in our niche market, and committed to quality in design, materials, finished product and themselves. This position may require flexibility to move around departments as needed, depending on work flow requirements.
At Alchemy, we are a hard working, focused group of individuals that come from all different backgrounds, both professionally and personally. Our studio is employed with dedicated, passionate people, who are able to work effectively as a team or be self-motivated in independent work, while maintaining excellent communication to support each other. While we each have our own skill sets and departments, as a team, we strive to be patient and respectful with each other, and aspire for perfection in all we produce. Our ideal candidate upholds these same values, drive, dedication and passion for what we do, and who we work with.Read the full position requirements and apply!
Job Description: Full-Time Goldsmith
Inglis Jewellers is an Atlantic Canadian Jewellery chain with locations in Truro, New Glasgow and Sydney,
Nova Scotia and Riverview, New Brunswick.
We’re currently seeking another full-time goldsmith to add to our existing team in either our Riverview or
our Truro location.
The difference at Inglis Jewellers is our welcoming atmosphere and our dedication to our customers; we
love what we do and we have fun doing it! The successful applicant should be a self-motivated, positive,
team player with a desire to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
The position will require a full-time commitment of approximately 40 hours per week.
We offer a competitive hourly wage as well as bonuses. Our full-time employees have access to health,
dental and vision benefits as well as a company matched RRSP program.
To apply: E-mail your cover letter and resume to Tiffany Cameron, Operations Manager,
firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your cover letter and resume in person at any of our 4 locations
Qualifications and Skills
Goldsmithing course AND/OR experience.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Full-Time Jewellery Associate
Barclay's Fine Jewellers
$19 an hour
We are a busy, full-service jewellery store in the heart of Oak Bay Village in Victoria, BC. We offer on-site custom jewellery design, restoration and repair, engraving and appraisals as well as our extensive collection of beautiful, high-quality jewellery for sale.
Our successful candidate will possess a bright and friendly personality, a mature outlook on life and the ability to work productively within a team. Previous experience in the jewellery industry is preferred, however we are willing to invest time + money in training the right candidate. Please detail any related experience or training involving high-end jewellery or retail sales, jewellery repair or jewellery design. We are looking for people who want long-term employment in this interesting field and have a motivation to succeed in their career. A brief overview of duties is outlined below:
- Assist customers with intake of jewellery for repair and accurately record descriptions and work needed.
- If and when appropriate, meet with clients to discuss their ideas for jewellery design, produce sketches or computer renderings for collaboration.
- Promote sales by assisting customers and offering suggestions.
- Communicate professionally in person and by phone.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all customers.
- Utilize product knowledge to promote sales.
- Help to ensure store appearance is clean and presentable at all times.
- Enter POS transactions accurately.
- Stay informed of store policies, procedures, and promotions.
What we offer:
- Attractive starting salary with potential for increase (no commission structure). Salary starts at $19/hr and increases based on experience, knowledge and overall performance.
- No late nights, hours are 9:15-5:15.
- Village atmosphere with loyal and local clientele.
- Employment with a local, established small business who has a vested interest in valuing their excellent employees.
See www.barclaysjewellers.com for more information on our company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
COVID-19 considerations:We are following all recommended COVID-19 precautions.
- Jewellery Related: 1 year (Preferred)
Work remotely: No
FINE JEWELLERY BY COLETTE IS LOOKING FOR A JEWELLERY STORE ADMINISTRATOR
About Fine Jewellery By Colette
Fine Jewellery by Colette is a jewellery store that is built on 35 years of experience. We are located in the heart of the city and have been producing quality jewellery for over 20 years. Well known for creative custom designs, we also provide jewellery and watch repairs, estate and insurance appraisals, jewellery restoration and redesigns as well as sourcing specific jewellery upon request.
Our company vision is to pursue a meaningful relationship with our clients and to maintain our reputation as a trustworthy jewellery store who honours the professional ethics of jewellery trading and appraising.
We are looking for an organized and self motivated Jewellery store Administrator who has excellent communication and computer skills. The right candidate will have a natural sense of organization, will work professionally within a team environment and will have an educated understanding of jewellery manufacturing. This person must be loyal and trustworthy and will have a sense of in store vigilance. They will eventually be comfortable with opening and closing procedures. Applicants should have a genuine appreciation for the jewellery industry. We offer an opportunity to work with a high end and eclectic collection of fine jewellery and custom designs.
A jewellery store administrator will provide office management support which includes:
- Receiving and directing telephone calls.
- Communication with suppliers and jewellery manufactures.
- Sourcing, pricing and processing job orders for both ready made jewellery and custom designs.
- Quality control of all repairs, custom design orders and watch repairs.
- Following in store protocols regarding file systems, inventory upkeep, donations and customer service.
- Setting up and taking down jewellery store showcases.
- Keeping the company address book up-to-date and in working order ie. email blasts and social media.
- Upkeep of jewellery appraisal database.
Requirements/What we are looking for
- Self motivated, quick thinker with a professional mindset.
- Excellent communicator with superb customer service skills.
- Can operate and function well within a fast paced environment.
- Has confidence to delegate and manage job orders.
- Works well with short deadlines and offers quick responses to clients needs.
- Enjoys the atmosphere of a small business as if it were their own.
- Must have at least 2 years jewellery sales and processing experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- A team worker with a happy disposition who is open to self improvement and has a positive approach.
What We Offer
- Incredible job satisfaction with a busy flow of customers.
- Great team atmosphere with friendly work environment.
- Hours are Monday to Friday - No weekends.
- Holiday bonuses and birthday gifts.
- Full time hourly wage plus commission after one year.
- Opportunity to work with a high end and eclectic collection of fine jewellery.
- In a newly rebuilt store!
- Jewellery Arts or Gemmological designation or equivalent preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years jewellery sales and processing experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- Gemmological or jewellery store experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Apply by email email@example.com
COVID-19 considerations:All customers are required to wear masks. Curb side pick up is available. Sanitizer and masks are available upon entrance.
Dana’s Goldsmithing is seeking a Jewellery Designer
Dana's Goldsmithing, one of Canada’s leading independent Jewellery brands that focuses on Custom Jewellery Design, is looking for a Jewellery Designer! This individual has education, experience, and proven talent in jewellery design. This talented individual will have a combination of excellent sketching and CAD modelling skills. The ability to conduct private consultations with custom design clients is a plus. Most importantly, they can integrate seamlessly into an amazing team who are committed to making every interaction with our clients personal. This is a rare opportunity to join a progressive organization that is growing rapidly and leading the way in custom jewellery design and redesign.
Minimum 3 years custom jewellery design experience
Excellent scaled, hand drawing skills is required, and candidate must submit portfolio examples prior to interview process
CAD modelling expertise preferably using Matrix Gemvision Software
The ability to conduct private consultations with custom design clients is an asset
Successful completion of an accredited jewellery arts program
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
Organized with attention to detail
Dedicated to continuous learning of the craft.
Full-time and Part-time positions available *Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary negotiable based on experience.
Troy Shoppe Jewellers in Calgary, Alberta, celebrating our 40th year in business is looking for a talented jeweller. Our current jeweller of 33 years is wanting to retire! Previous experience and training are a must as we maintain a high degree of quality control. Your experience can be on the job or a certificate of completion.
We require a detail orientated jeweller capable of everything from basic repairs to custom making and finishing all forms of jewellery. Being able to set gemstones and diamonds is an absolute necessity.
We pay well and offer a health package after 30 days. We are in a freestanding secure location with plenty of parking.
The applicant should be self-directed as we offer a great degree of independence and freedom. In other words, nobody will stand over your shoulder shouting at you! Maintaining an understanding of scheduling job completion is beneficial. We also are willing to aid in extra training if needed. Our fully stocked workshop is fluid enough to be changed to help the jeweller work better. We do not cast on premises (no venting at present).
This is a full-time permanent position. However, we would consider a contract arrangement within our store if the applicant would prefer. We will also help with a moving allowance if required.
Our store is busy with repairs and custom jobs so you will not be bored with just mundane work!
The position is available immediately.
Please apply via:
PROFESSIONALISM, INTEGRITY & CARE
Raffi Jewellers is a family run company and home to the most prestigious luxury brands in the world. Whether commemorating a special event, expressing love or admiration, or building a personal collection, our guests come to us for the perfect piece. We love being in the business of creating cherished memories and forging lifelong relationships with our guests. We are honoured to play a small role in your special occasions. And we vow to do everything we can to help elevate special moments to the exceptional.
Raffi Jewellers is looking for a full-time Goldsmith at our Flagship Boutique in Cambridge to take-on a dynamic and rewarding career in luxury jewellery and watches. Training and professional development are especially important at Raffi Jewellers and we look forward to watching each team member embrace new roles and blossom in their careers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Applicants can apply by email at email@example.com.
Raffi welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
P.T. Diamonds Inc. a family owned and operated diamond wholesaler is currently seeking a customer service and business development candidate. The successful candidate should:
Experience in diamond and jewellery industry is a plus.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of George Brown College’s ongoing efforts to deliver industry-leading, applied education, the School of Fashion and Jewellery Studies is pleased to announce that students in the one-year Gemmology program will be made available to help out employers during this academic year.
With students being asked to volunteer a minimum of 8 hours during the year, we would appreciate your participation in providing volunteer opportunities with your event/company. All we ask is that you fill out a brief evaluation of the student’s performance once their hours are complete.
Work-Integrated-Learning, also known as Field Education, is an integral and defining characteristic of a George Brown education, which has proven to be successful for both industry and students. With the introduction of this new applied learning opportunity, we hope to continue this tradition of win-win scenarios for our partners.
If you are interested in participating in our program, or if you have any questions, please feel free to connect with us. We would love to send you eager, motivated students, who are looking to make a difference.
Click here for additional details on the program.
Jewellery Studies, George Brown College
Field Program Contact:
Field Education Coordinator / School of Fashion & Jewellery Studies
email@example.com/ 416-415-5000 x6469